Read the stories of students like you.
THESE ARE NOT SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS, but rather, they are our scholarship representatives. This section was made to highlight the stories of those populations who are often devalued and erased. Use these articles as inspiration for your autobiography.
FIRST GENERATION SCHOLARSHIP
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A WOMXN OF COLOR IN HIGHER EDUCATION
“Who were we supposed to run to when we needed help?” Crystal states. "All we had was ourselves, and we had to make a community of students that could actively help us.”
1. You must identify with the scholarship title.
2. You must be an incoming student during the 2020-2021 academic year at an undergraduate university.
3. You must be a current resident in one of the following counties; San Joaquin County, Stanislaus County, Merced County, Madera County, Fresno County, Tulare County, Kern County, or Kings County. Please click here for a visual reference.
4. You must originate from a community college, high school, continuation school, or nontraditional G.E.D school from San Joaquin County, Stanislaus County, Merced County, Madera County, Fresno County, Tulare County, Kern County, or Kings County. Please click here for a visual reference.
1. One required letter of recommendation.
2. One 650 word autobiography.
3. One 250 word goals and aspirations writing
4. It must be submitted by April 1st, 2020.
These applications may be filled out in pen and mailed to14920 West D St #542 Kerman, CA 93630 with all the proper documents.